Thursday, July 3, 2008

American Beef Protest

Last night we went to McDonald's and Baskin Robbins. I never thought I would really appreciate either one. It's funny how Western people or restaurants put a smile on my face. I didn't realize how attached I am to my home and country.
As we were heading back to the dorms we stumbled on a candle light protest for the "American Beef". It was a bit uncomfortable and I was walking fast (that's why the picture is blurry). The man in the orange hat is on a PA shouting and the people were repeating it back. There were police watching (with paddy waggons). I'm sure it was a peaceful protest. My teacher explained that there is crime here, but the street crime level is lower than in US. The only danger is...getting hit by a car. They have street lights, but it seems more like a game of chicken with traffic.
Tomorrow we leave to go see a palace in Seoul.

4 comments:

janet lowrey said...

Happy July 4th! I love reading your blog and seeing the pictures. It looks like you are having a great time. When do you come home?

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Oresha - you seem to be having fun and learning a bunch of new stuff - thanks for sharing with all of us - we love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady, I thought I had sent you a message but I don't see it. Sorry, probably didn't do something right. Great for you! So happy that you are having a great time! Sure makes you appreciate the states! Love you lots, Aunt Donna

Mama said...

Amazing picture...Glad you have lots of street smarts!We're looking forward to hearing what you thought of Seoul this weekend. It was terrific hearing your voice on the 4th and know you are doing well. Just hope you're getting a little more rest. Sooooo looking forward to seeing you again.
Love, Mom & Steve