Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Full Day



The first photo is the view from Hallym University. The city of Chuncheon is bigger than I though it would be. The next photo is of my roommates and I setting on a bench in the library.
Lastly, my instructor from KU took some of us out to dinner. It was my first meal on the floor. I lost count of how many dishes there were, most everything is served family style. I had 4 different kinds of soups. The meal ended with a delicious cup of tea.
I'm making lots of new friends. Some of the Korean girls gave me a Korean name, Sunmi JIN. I think it is a complement. I gave them American names, you know like Amy, Sarah, Elizabeth and Mary. I'm having fun and learning more about the Korean culture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're funny, the best you could come up with is Amy and so so so on. After all the research you've been doing on names I would have thought they'd be more creative. Loving the blog. You look so excited and sounds like a great trip so far.

Anonymous said...

Oh that last message about the names was me. Adrienne